Tampons are a menstrual hygiene product inserted into the vagina to absorb the menstrual flow. Vuokkoset Organic Tampons provide effective protection during your period, as the cotton gently absorbs the menstrual flow and the tampon expands widthways and complements your body shape. Tampons can be used each day of your period and at any time. Many women prefer using tampons, especially during sports activities like swimming. It is a matter of personal preference whether you choose tampons, pads or liners.
Vuokkoset Organic Tampon is a unique and eco-friendly choice for regular tampons as it is made from 100% organic cotton and it is completely biodegradable. Vuokkoset Organic Cotton Tampons have been designed in cooperation with the Finnish Allergy, Skin and Asthma Federation.
After getting your first period, you can begin to use a tampon when you feel ready for it. It is a good idea to practice using a tampon and get to know your body gradually. It is easiest to practice inserting a tampon on days when your period is at its heaviest because that is when the tampon slides into the vagina most easily. Choosing the right absorbency for your flow makes the insertion easier. Remember that tampons should only be used when you have your period.
Practice inserting a tampon while sitting on the toilet with your legs apart, or by standing with one leg on the toilet seat. The more relaxed your hip and abdominal muscles are, the easier it is to practice. So, take a deep breath to relax and try to insert a tampon.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting a tampon. Remove the tampon from its individual wrapper and straighten out the string.
- Find a comfortable position and part the skin around your vaginal opening. Take the tampon and gently push the rounded end of the tampon into the vagina. Aim the tampon towards your lower back until the tampon ,. If inserting the tampon feels unpleasant, adjust the direction of the tampon.
- Once the tampon is correctly inserted, you won’t feel it. If you do feel, it is most likely not deep enough. Pull out the tampon and try inserting a new tampon further in. Don’t worry, the tampon can’t go too far or disappear inside your body.
- Removing a tampon is easy; sit on the toilet and remove the tampon by pulling the string diagonally downwards and forwards. You can dispose Vuokkoset Organic Tampon by throwing it in the rubbish or by composting it.
- Always remember to remove a used tampon before inserting a new one. The tampon cannot become lost or go elsewhere in the body from the vagina. It can be removed using your fingers if the string accidentally makes its way into your vagina.
- Change your tampon every 4-8 hours. Always use the smallest size of tampon that corresponds to your flow (Mini, Normal or Super). You will find the right size for you through experience. You will learn to know your flow after just a few cycles and be able to estimate the size of tampon you should use.
- You can also use Vuokkoset pantyliners in addition to tampons for added security. Recommendations advise against using tampons throughout the entire day; alternate them with pads.
You may have heard TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome, mentioned in connection with tampons. TSS is a rare but serious disease. Learn What is TSS and how you can recognize it.